Saturday, March 30, 2013

He is Risen!

Everyone else in the house is asleep (that seems to be the norm), and I'm the last one to bed... which is hilarious because it's only 9 p.m. here. I love it. Botswana is currently in a state of drought (even after the rainy season that just recently ended), so they ration the water supply by turning it on at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., and it runs each time for approximately an hour. Soooo, after working a long, hard, dirty, sweaty day, we get to wait until 7 p.m. to take showers. We've all adapted just fine, but after shower time there's not much else anyone feels like doing but hitting the hay. Thankfully tomorrow (Easter Sunday) we not only get to sleep in an hour, but we get to wear normal clothes. No work stuff! No sports bras! I've never been more excited to put on makeup in my whole life. :) It will be so cool to be a part of the Village Church service (at LoveBotswana's Life Centre), and then dedicating the first playground -- some of the locals that have been helping just finished pouring the concrete this afternoon. I think we plan on going out to eat after church and then doing some shopping in Maun. I'm really looking forward to having the day off. I think everyone is pretty worn out, so it will be wonderful to spend time together without doing such strenuous physical labor all day.

I will try to keep it a little shorter tonight... just wanted to get some more thoughts out. We did a load of laundry tonight to wash some of our gross work clothes, and I wish I could take a picture of the living room/kitchen area so you could see all of our stuff strewn about, trying to air dry (no working dryer here). Very thankful to get some clothes washed though... definitely a perk! Anyway, I was trying to wrap up. Thanks again to all of you for your prayers and support. God is definitely at work here (in Botswana and my heart), so I'm looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow and worshipping among the Africans. Who would've thought...

2 comments:

  1. :)!!!! Love you sooooo much! Praying for you sweet girl, that your heart will be wide open for ALL that God has for you!! Enjoy those beautiful kids smiles as you enjoy them playing on their new playground!! Jesus has RISEN!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenna, it is nice to hear about your trip, I was starting to get worried. I told you that it was going to be that hot, but not that hot I thought. The weather has been not bad around here. Friday night we had a good storm roll through here, with some good thunder in it, woke me up from my deep sleep. You must be one smelly girl, after all the heat and not being able to shower until 7pm. LOL, you’re ready to put your make-up back on you don’t say. Well keep up the great work and stay safe, looking forward to seeing you when you get back. XOXO

    ReplyDelete