Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Closing Thoughts

Now that Jenny and I have been home from Botswana for more than a week and have been able to get settled back into our everyday routines, I thought it was about time we closed this blog with one last post. I wanted to share the video of the playground dedication at the Life Centre, not only because is it a cool video (not well-made unfortunately, but at least I captured the moment), but it totally sums up the entire experience for me. It was a ton of hard, hot, sweaty work, but watching those kids run onto the playground was the most rewarding feeling. To know that the children in the community now have a safe place to play makes me so happy. To think of their smiling faces. To think of the work that Love Botswana is doing, and will continue to do in the lives of the people of Botswana. It fills my heart with joy.


To all my family and friends, I have been so overwhelmed by your support. Thank you for letting me be a part of this team, to travel to Africa, and to experience God's love in a whole new way.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, 
that we should be called children of God!
1 John 3:1

1 comment: