Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This Is Africa.

I didn't get a chance to write last night, I was way too exhausted to stay up past 9:30 p.m., my eyes were closing as Jenny was typing her semi-daily trip email update. We almost finished our last playground today. As they say here, "This Is Africa," everything takes a little bit longer or doesn't work as planned... patience is a must-needed virtue. We were supposed to start mixing concrete (or should I say, our helpful local workers, since they actually know what they are doing) at 9 a.m., but we actually didn't start with mixing and pouring concrete until after lunch, around 1 p.m. Needless to say, we didn't get done what we expected, but alas, This Is Africa, and thankfully we still have another day to work. Tomorrow we were going to go over to help at the Life Centre to assist in setting up/cleaning/etc. in preparation for the Grand Opening and the celebration of the Lackey's 25 years of ministry in Botswana. Some of us may still go, but some of us will stay here and complete the playground.

Tonight we were able to take early showers (a story all of it's own, that perhaps I'll save for another day), and we're heading into town to have dinner. It's always nice to change into normal clothes and not be sweaty and dirty until 7 p.m.

Anyway, I should be off... just found out we're leaving in 5 minutes and I'm still in my pjs.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to hear from you and get a quick update!!! Love you SO very much...always in my thoughts and prayers beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you today, and your last work day!!! Well done, good and faithful servants!!

    ReplyDelete